As we get older, we all learn valuable lessons. Looking back to your younger years, you may have thought, “I wish I knew then what I know now”. We can’t go back and change the past, but we can always heed advice from the past.
Here I am sharing some of the experiences that I have learned from my past life:
1. Family matters more than friends.
2. To love somebody, at first love yourself.
3. Life is easy when you make it busy.
4. Other people don’t care about what you think. They’re more worried about themselves, and you aren’t on their priority list. Everyone is out for themselves.
5. Always give your best at everything you do.
6. People aren’t thinking about you as much as you think.
7. The ‘someday’ you are waiting for, is happening right now. Don’t wait to do the thing.
8. Always treat people the way you want to be treated and you’ll receive respect from almost everyone you meet.
9. Think before you speak. Words have the power to cause irreparable harm, always choose them carefully.
10. Time is the most important thing. Never waste it for anybody.
11. Good things don’t come easily.
12. Never fail to try more.
13. Take care of your health early.
14. Make every moment count.
15. Live and let live. Remember To enjoy life.
16. Talk less and work more.
17. Happiness is a choice. Money can’t buy happiness.
18. Complaining never makes anything better.
19. Never stop learning.
20. Worrying doesn’t achieve anything.
21. Failure is not an end.
22. Your mental health is just as important as your whole physical being.
23. Working hard and endlessly doesn’t always mean working smart.
24. Stay away from people who always see themselves as the victim in situations.
25. Parents aren’t right all the time.
26. Nothing will change on its own, you have to change it yourself, and no one is coming to help you unless you help yourself before.
27. Being lonely for any reason – not enough friends, not enough good friends, moving to a new situation and leaving old friends behind – can lead you to make some pretty foolish social decisions.
28. It’s OK not to have a romantic relationship in high school or even college.
29. Getting things done feels much better than doing nothing.
30. Dream big and take action.
31. Do what gives you life.
32. Say no to things you don’t want to do.
33. If you let people take advantage of you, they will.
34. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
35. Stop Complaining.
36. Treat yourself with love and respect.
37. Never leave the people who love you.
38. Know your destination. Don’t sleepwalk through life.
39. The sacrifices you make now will pay off in the future.
40. Forgive others who hurt you in any moment of your life.
41. Learn to put your ego in check.
42. Everyone is suffering.
43. Be present in the moment.
44. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
45. You’ll eventually die- everything is temporary, nothing really matters.
Thanks for reading!
Have a good day.
Source: Omar Al Javed – Quora